Are you happy, satisfied, and experiencing business growth?
Are you doing what you love and love what you do? If you hesitated or said no, then this is the article for you! Read how my own business plan tweaking landed me exactly where I wanted to be. Ask yourself if you are ready for a change so you’ll wake up each day to do what you love and love what you do!
What is the driving force behind your business?
I was sitting behind my desk staring at my computer one day and it dawned on me that I wasn’t doing all that I set out to do. So I began my own quest. I started with some of the questions that I ask so many of my clients:
- Are you so excited to work every morning that your feet don’t touch the floor on the way to your office?
- Can you find the joy in the small things?
- Are you so busy making money that you aren’t thinking about ways to spend it?
- When was the last time you had some “you” time to do something you love?
- Are you clear on how you want to live your life day by day?
- Are you working too many hours and feeling depleted at the end of the day?
The answer to these questions showed me that I needed to do some serious tweaking of my business. I put all my ideas and changes that I wanted to see happen and then I did something totally amazing. I put my plans into action! Literally, everything just started coming together. Presto, I had my re-branding well underway in no time at all.
Do you need to make a change?
And more importantly, do you? If you find you don’t like the answers to the above questions, you may need some changes. Here are a few suggestions on where to start:
- Look at your processes. Is everything as automated as it could be? Automation is key to saving time, and saving your sanity. Saving time does not mean cutting corners. In fact, it means all-around improvement for your business procedures and policies.
- Have you surrounded yourself with like-minded people? How’s your support system? Become part of a group where you can ask questions, ask for guidance, and get some general support around everyday issues. Look to join a mastermind group, an accountability group, or a mentoring group in your niche.
- Stop trying to do everything yourself. Hiring an assistant to take over some of the duties you are trying to juggle is sensible in so many ways! A great place to look for somewhere professional is IVAA, VA Networking, Assistant Match, or by recommendations from colleagues or mentors.
- Streamline your marketing efforts. Instead of trying to juggle a dozen different platforms, concentrate on two or three. Hire a social media manager or use a social media management tool like Hootsuite, Buffer, or Sprout Social.
- Take time everyday to be thankful and grateful. You can do this through meditation, a success jar, keeping a journal, or speaking with an accountability partner. The method doesn’t matter as much as the consistency of the exercise. I love my Success Jar!
Practice makes perfect
Hopefully this puts some perspective on your situation. No matter if you want to rewrite your entire business plan, just tweak it a bit, or are ready for business growth, give one of my suggestions a try. Remember that new things aren’t always easy. It takes time to get into a groove. Practice makes perfect. I’d love it if you would let me know if one of these suggestions really resonate with you. Soon you will love what you do and do what you love!