After spending an incredible week at QBConnect, I am sitting here reminiscing about the best inspiring moments at QBConnect. We had so many incredible speakers. Each speaker offered such heart felt advice. In case you were not able to attend QBConnect, here is what some of them had to say:
Shaquille O’Neal’s Inspiring Moments at QBConnect:
- Utilize your teammates. Always have a teammate better than you.
- Laughter is the best form of marketing. It releases the endorphins.
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Shaq only endorses a product he believes in.
- My mother told me the people that step on you on the way to the top are the people you see fail.
Christian Siriano Inspiring Moments at QBConnect:
- Make sure your customer is more important than anything.
- You have to follow your own brand.
- Don’t follow the path as everyone else.
- Our biggest failure turned into our biggest success.
- Dream every day, Dream big.
- On accountant or bookkeeper can make or break you.
Jillian Michaels Inspiring Moments at QBConnect:
- Don’t be afraid to fight for what you believe in.
- That what nourishes you can destroy you.
- By avoiding the thing you fear most, your behavior will ultimately destroy you.
- Trust your gut and not be afraid to be labeled difficult. The fear won’t make your success.
- Her accountant introduced her to QuickBooks and it has been life changing.
Michael Phelps Inspiring Moments at QBConnect:
- My past made me what I am today.
- To move forward you need to look behind you.
- People around him are able to share dreams and passion.
- Don’t ever give up.
- I dare you to dream as big as big as you can.
Tony Hawk Inspiring Moments at QBConnect:
- Continue to challenge myself.
- Look for new adventures.
- Don’t jump into something unless you are truly passionate about it.
- My accountant is my therapist.
Ali Webb Inspiring Moments at QBConnect:
- Life is short just go for it. Don’t be afraid to take risks.
- You can’t look backwards; just keep moving forward.
- You learn something new every day when you own your own business.
- Focus on one thing and be the best at it.
Malcolm Gladwell Inspiring Moments at QBConnect:
- Nothing of consequence gets built overnight.
- Compensate for shortcomings by working harder and being hungrier and being a better leader.
- Working harder, being hungrier is a common feature among successful people.
- Compensation learning vs capitalization learning. Working on your weaknesses vs relying on our strengths.
- The path to getting good takes a lot (The 10,000 hour rule)
Simone Biles Inspiring Moments at QBConnect:
- Everything we did was for each other. It’s not about you. It is about your team and your country when out there.
- It’s not always about a gold medal. It is the work I put in, the dedication, that’s sacrifice to me, that’s success.
- Like to live in the moment and cherish it.
- Make sure you always have fun.
America Ferrera Inspiring Moments at QBConnect:
- You may never know the impact that your work is having but have the faith that it’s happening.
- The first step on starting her production business was acknowledging what I don’t know.
- I draw my inspiration from the people that are impacted by the work I do.
- You don’t have to stop doing what you love in order to make a difference in the world.
Bill Rancic Inspiring Moments at QBConnect:
- Business Owners are like orchestra conductors; you can’t play all of the instruments yourself.
- Bill’s Dad said to him “It is not how much money you make but how much you save.
- Surround yourself with the right people.
- Sometimes you just need to ask for help.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for advice.
- Knowledge is power. You can make better decisions when you are armed with the right tools.
For me personally many of these hit close to home in particular don’t be afraid to fight for what you believe in and my past made me what I am today. Life is short, don’t be afraid to take risks and be sure to surround yourself with the right people. What did you love most about the speakers at QBConnect?